Organizations may face higher insurance costs if they have low enrollment, are not currently offering insurance and when the shared responsibility penalties exceed the cost of coverage.
Businesses have much to consider when it comes to Health Care Reform:
• Nondiscrimination: Does your health plan provide richer benefits to higher paid employees?
• Cadillac Plan Tax: Do you offer plans with premiums in excess of the Cadillac plan limits?
• Full Time Employee Employer Safe Harbor: Measuring hours to classify employees as either full or part time over the current period.
Eide Bailly encourages businesses to:
• Identify someone to monitor issues and the impacts of Health Care Reform.
• Follow what’s happening with the set-up and organization of the federal and state health care exchanges.
• Review your employee benefit plan design and possible options.
Eide Bailly’s Employer Health Reform Analytics can help you make an informed decision and our professionals can provide the tools and support to make the decision easier.